Gaudí Tour (4h)
“I presented a diploma today, to a madman or to a genius. Time will tell” said the Architecture Chair at the University of Barcelona about Antoní Gaudi. Let’s answer this question visiting some of his constructions:
– Passeig the Gràcia became the avenue where the wealthy Catalan families settled in the late nineteenth century. An emerged social class, that promoted the beginning of the economic development of Catalonia (now, the richest area of Spain). Casa Batlló and La Pedrera are some of its buildings.
– The Park Güell, a luxury residential site, was the reality of a utopia for his friend and patron, Eusebi Güell.
– The church of La Sagrada Família is the masterpiece of Gaudí, still unfinished and landmark of Barcelona.
Extra hour for one of the
Houses of Gaudí: € 60
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Duration: 4 hours
Recommended Start time: 10a.m. or 3p.m.
- Extend the tour by one hour to visit the interior of one of the houses of Gaudí (I recommend la Pedrera) – cost of the extra hour: 60€
- Are you fascinated with Art Noveau architects and archtiecture in Barcelona? Make an inquiry and I will tailor a tour for you with other amazing and no so well known buildings like: Casa Vicens, Güell Palace, Bellesguard House, Hospital of Sant Pau, Music Palace, Colonia Güell’s Crypt, Modernist museum – – VIDEO of this TOUR
- Mosaic workshop: make a mosaic by yourself following the “El Trencadis” technique of Antonio Gaudí (perfect activity to do with your children). For more information please ask me. It’s necessary to book beforehand.
MAP OF THE TOUR (click the icon at the upper-left corner to display the sites)